The Woodstock Facility
One of the premiere sterile manufacturing sites in the world
Woodstock Sterile Solutions headquarters and manufacturing facilities are located on our 19-acre site in Woodstock, IL – about 60 miles northwest of Chicago. Brought online in 1980 and continuously upgraded since, our manufacturing capability has been designed to offer reliable scale-up and manufacture of the most challenging sterile products on the market.
Our 430,000 square foot manufacturing facility features over 30 blow-fill-seal suites and is capable of producing nearly 1 billion BFS units annually.
Packing capabilities include primary BFS sterile filling, secondary packaging, bulk packaging, device kitting and serialization.
Woodstock Sterile Solutions Manufacturing Facts
- Batch sizes from 5L to 2,000L
- Fill volumes from 0.25 mL to 250 mL
- Over 30 machines from clinical to high-volume commercial
- Solutions for temperature, light or oxygen-sensitive products
- Support for highly-potent APIs, through category 4
- Sterile and non-sterile manufacturing
- Unit or multi-dose container options
- Variety of closure options
- Specialized insertion technology
- Standard or unique/customizable container designs
- Various clear and tinted resin options:
- Low-Density Polyethylene (LDPE)
- High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
- Polypropylene (PP) resin material
A committed and highly qualified diverse team
The Woodstock site is staffed by more than 500 of the most experienced personnel in our industry – supporting 24/7 operation. They are drawn from pharmaceutical, chemical and manufacturing backgrounds.
Our employees hold more than 175 degrees (including Associates, Bachelors, Masters and 2 Doctorates). A quick report shows more than 100 different universities/colleges. Our team includes both Black Belt and Green Belt Certified Six Sigma Employees and our commitment to this training is ongoing.
While our employees speak more than 25 different languages, we use one unified voice to support our customers.
At Woodstock, our people are our greatest asset in driving high quality, reliable supply of therapeutic products.
Broad Registration, Accreditations and Certifications
- Registered for drug, device and food manufacturing with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- State license for wholesale drug manufacturing and distribution licenses
- Certifications through EU-competent authorities
- Manufacturing accreditations for Japan, Australia, Canada and Brazil
- Potent material handling Safebridge 1-4
- ISO 13485:2003 Certification